Anti-Bribery & Corruption Investigation Services
Global Trade Shield is a leading provider of comprehensive business risk solutions including the strategic management of intellectual property, due diligence and other business intelligence, fraud and corruption investigations, crisis containment and recovery services in South East Asia
Global Trade Shield undertakes highly discreet investigations, uncovers solid intelligence and provides value-added analysis to help decision-makers understand and mitigate risk, make informed decisions and maximize opportunities. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals drawn from backgrounds in senior law enforcement, intelligence, the legal profession, academic and economic research and investigative journalism, all are trained to be compliant with legal, ethical, and anti-corruption standards.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption Investigation
Safeguarding a company’s reputation is of major importance in today‘s global business environment. As corporations seek out new markets or evolve in their developed environment to drive market share , identify supplies and service agents, or form joint ventures with new business partners , corporate officers and directors must be ever more vigilant to avoid potential violations of applicable global anti-bribery and corruption laws, for example the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (The ―FCPA), The U.K. Bribery Act, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) convention on combating bribery of foreign public officials in international business transactions, and equally importantly, local anti-corruption regulatory demands ( which are often overlooked at global HQ).
GTS has a unique understanding and on-the-ground capabilities in many S.E Asia jurisdictions which ensures we are well placed to help our clients navigate anti-bribery and corruption risk both proactively (assessing and mitigating risk); reactively (responding to allegations with multidisciplinary investigation capabilities); and also in monitoring and remediation (designing and testing new controls or modifications to current operating protocols and procedures).
Global Trade Shield Services Include
- Compliance program assessment
- Internal controls evaluation
- Business process and transactional testing
- Integrity investigations of acquisition targets, agents, resellers and other third parties, including politically-exposed persons (PEPs)
- Review of existing anti-bribery compliance policies and controls
- Political risk and corruption index investigations
- Conduct fact-finding investigations to uncover vital evidence and identify participants in bribery & corruption activity
- Perform forensic accounting review of books and records to assist in identifying scope of violations and methods used
- Conduct background investigations of third party agents to support internal investigations
- Support legal counsel with non-confrontational interviewing and with plea negotiations and ability to pay defenses
- Post-investigation – evaluate compliance programs and based on experiences learnt make recommendations for enhancements
- Monitor third party agents to ensure operations are compliant with legislation and internal procedures
- Monitor and test new policies and procedures via a variety of “incident modelling” events
Global Trade Shield Experience
Global Trade Shield’s clients benefit from our extensive intellectual capital, experience and knowledge of the South-East Asia region. As a company, we draw from our extensive history of FCPA and local jurisdiction anti-bribery engagements across a wide range of industries. We provide highly cost-effective and phased solutions that ensures issues are resolved quickly and efficiently, but most importantly we endeavor to ensure the client is kept informed of our activities and the results being obtained throughout the life cycle of the engagement. All GTS work is conducted ethically and in full compliance with international and local legislation.
Global Trade Shield operatives have conducting a wide range of bribery and corruption investigations, including;
- For a Fortune 50 company, investigated allegations of bribery by sales staff to facilitate obtaining building installation permits for its products.
- For a U.S biomedical company, investigated whistleblower allegations that local senior management had paid bribes to manufactures of its products to ensure a percentage of finished items were diverted to a private company they had established
- Worked with an international law firm to design and implement their client’s new compliance policies and proce dures across several South East Asian countries